Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Just a couple of questions

  1. #21
    Inactive Member spacelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow let's see..uhh..My first ever anime I watched was Akira and that was when I was six (my dad liked anime, but I never payed attention to it then..) Then my cousins always locked themselves in the room to watch this tv show and when I found out what it was I was hooked(care to guess..) It was Sailor Moon LoL that was when I was nine and soon I started to get into all kinds of anime, but my favorites were mainly shoujo anime (CCS ect.)

    I didn't know about manga until June of last year. I saw Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind by: Hayao Miyazaki at the library one on a dispaly case. I looked at the cover and said "ooh anime" but later I found out it was manga and I read all four books in one day! Well anyways I was searching for manga on the internet and I found "manga scanlation: Not just translated, but actual manga scans with translations" LOL and I found the website Aku-Tenshi then I was searching for "DNAngel scanlations" and it took me here. I am so glad too. I come here more than Aku-tenshi! LOL. Yep been here since June 2002 but this is the first time using the message board. (I dunno I'm just lazy I guess...)

  2. #22
    Inactive Member heartberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2003
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I thought that I would just reply to my own post. It's interesting to hear how people get into things. I like the one about how they taped the wrong show.
    Well me, my first one was Sailormoon (yes, not actually my first, but I don't remember enough about other shows to count them). I liked it, and then I watched all the anime that was available on t.v. After that I discovered the internet and looked up whatever I could about anime, pictures, information. And that is where I first heard about manga. I then researched manga, and wanted to get some, but I didn't know where I could, and I couldn't order anything off the internet. I only read scanlations (sakura-crisis was my first scanlations site). Then one day when I was at the foodcourt in the mall, I looked at my grandma's newspaper which was on the table right in front of me and had an ad for a comic store which sold manga. It's kind of cool, it just popped up right in front of me. So I went to the store and got my first manga. I wanted Sailor moon but the first two were gone so I tried out Ceres: Celestial Legend (Ayashi no Ceres). Yeah, I liked it, but eventually I tried out different mangas and found much better ones that I liked than Sailor Moon etc. In fact I don't care for it anymore, there are so many much better stories. At least in my opinion. So that is (in short) how I got into the world of anime and manga.
    I prefer manga much better. I don't know why, but I just sort of lost interest in anime, so now I only read mangas, which have beautiful pictures, and are fun to collect.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Celstarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by tsukiyama:
    OMG gummi bears ("bouncing here and there and everywhere!!") I loved that. <3. I warn you, I am /the/ authority on old kids TV shows. ;D

    Does anyone remember an aztec anime, shown in the UK as Mysterious Cities of Gold? I have vague recollections. Or Belle and Sebastian? I was a big autobots fan when I was young, too.

    Do you think you just wake up one morning and realise you've somehow become an otaku? When I was in highschool, my parents were desperately encouraging me to go out and leave my computer and manga. Go get drunk, phone your friends, be normal! I think I'm just a natural obsessive geeky type. ^^
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Aztec anime, could it be Nazca? ^_^

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Yami-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lets see... I can clearly remember that in grade school, a whole bunch of the girls in my class were addicted to Salior Moon... and I can remember watching an episode or two, but not really liking it that much... And then years later I saw Cardcaptors... and I though it was REALLY cool... anyway I would watch it all the time... anyway then they swiched the whole daylight savings time thing in the Dominican Republic (where we were living at the time) and right after I came home was when the spanish dub of Cardcaptor Sakura came on... and suddenly the english version wasn't so cool after all... I bought the subtitles on whim and have been adicted since... I found out about manga when some friends introduced my to it (more specificaly to Rurouni Kenshin)... and since then I have become an adict...

    As for which I prefre... I usually go with manga... I've always been a book person, and I find the origional is usully better... unless it's something that's SO hyper it can only be expressed on TV (like Kodocha or Excel Saga...) So yeah... that's my anime/manga life so far... it's seems to be reletivly short compaired to everyone else here... -_-;;

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Fragile's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the first anime i ever saw was i think RoboTech, but it never got me into it, i dont remember how long ago that was. the first anime that made me say "good God i need more" was Battle Angel. i think that was 4 years ago (when i was 14) and i've been hooked sence. i've grown to like drama/romance the most, the sader, the better i say. ^^;;

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •